Training for NIRS Users
Looking for a convenient and efficient way to evaluate if NIRS will work for your application or to improve your knowledge of the practical implementation of NIRS?
PDK offers a comprehensive yet concise two-day course, “Near-infrared Technology - Getting the Best Out of Light". This course distills the knowledge and experience of Dr. Phil Williams gained from more than 40 years of continuous experience with NIR instrumentation, software, and applications.
If you are considering the purchase of an instrument and need to justify the cost, want to explore new applications in an existing operation, or require objective statistical tools for evaluating the performance of an operation, this course is for you. More knowledge about this technology can lead to improved performance for present constituents and to an increase in the variety of constituents predicted, with minimal additional effort.
- Offered over two days; a one-day course can be customized
- Includes a detailed, example-filled 150-page manual
- Introduction and the Economic Benefits of Near-infrared Technology
- Learn how NIRS has revolutionized the world of analysis
- Applications, including Routine Analysis and Networking
- Become familiar with the wide range of applications and let your imagination roam
- Gain crucial knowledge in how to choose the best instrument for your needs
- Reference Analysis and Factors Affecting its Interpretation
- Reference analysis is the foundation of successful NIRS application. Learn the key importance of knowing the reliability and accuracy of your reference testing.
- Statistical Terms for Evaluation of Accuracy and Precision
- Learn the important statistics in evaluating NIRS results and how to interpret and use them
- Introduction to NIR Software
- Understand the functions that software should perform for you
- Sampling, Sample Preparation, and Sample Presentation
- The sample is the heart of NIRS. Learn why
- Variables that Can Affect Performance
- Learn what can go wrong with an application and how to fix it
- Calibration Development and Evaluation Methods
- Become skilled at calibration model development and how to improve a calibration
- Interpretation of Calibration Evaluation
- Discover the underlying relationships between the spectral and chemical properties of your samples that enable prediction
Arrange for a Course
A course can be arranged at your location at a time convenient to you for one or more participants.
For more information on the course and to schedule a presentation at your location, contact Dr. Phil Williams.
“…great overview about NIRS evolution, applications, problems and how to solve them…”
“…very good speaker, very clear…”
“…very practical information which is very difficult to find when everyone keeps his knowledge to himself…”
“…the workshop opened new vistas of information”
“I was particularly pleased with the explanation of statistics”